Learn how you can manage a network more efficiently with Network Programmability and develop Python programming fundamental skills. This course is designed to be of immediate value to Network Engineers looking to use Network Programming to simplify or automate their tasks. It covers the fundamentals of Python programming within the context of performing functions relevant to network engineers.
This Cisco self-paced course is designed with interactivity in mind — through hands-on labs, review questions, and summary challenges. This renders the learning experience more real-world and helps increase retention. Additionally, gamification features such as badges and leaderboard provide social visibility and motivation to perform better.
- Describe use cases and examples of the value of network programmability
- Acquire a full complement of Python programming skills — basics, data structures, control structures, comparison operators, input and output, structured programming, object-oriented programming, etc.
- Use Python to communicate to individual network devices, using examples of real networking communication and operations
- Use Python to communicate to multiple devices
- Use Object-Oriented Programming within Python to abstract network devices
- Use databases within a network-based application to store information about the network
- Use test methodologies to create quality applications
- Leverage software available via open source and existing libraries e.g. Cisco GitHub, Cisco DevNet, Python general-purpose and Cisco-specific libraries, NX-API
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills:
Understanding of Cisco Ethernet switching products
Understanding of Cisco data center architecture
Familiarity with the fundamentals of server virtualization
Experience configuring advanced routing and switching technologies such as Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), and Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS)
These are the recommended Cisco courses that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Experience with network management (CCNA-level recommended)