The Operating Cisco IP Fabric for Media Solution (IPFMSN) v2.0 course introduces you to the Cisco IP Fabric for Media (IPFM) solution.
The course is designed for broadcast engineers who will use IP technologies to replace Serial Digital Interface (SDI)-based deployments. You will learn about Cisco IPFM deployment, operation, and troubleshooting. The course also covers the Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) Media Controller, a core component of the Cisco IPFM solution. Through lab exercises that focus on building IP fabric as a baseline for a complete IPFM solution, you will learn how to deploy and troubleshoot the DCNM Media Controller to control flows through the fabric.
- Describe the overall solution and how it works, and identify all components of the solution and their functions
- Understand initial sizing and capacity
- Understand the basic requirements for IPFM
- Understand how Non-Blocking Multicast (NBM) and multicast function in the IPFM
- Understand and verify Precision Time Protocol (PTP) clocking
- Describe the DCNM Media Controller
- Demonstrate the DCNM Media Controller configuration and verification
- Explain how to deploy an IPFM solution in a high-availability manner
- Use the DCNM Media Controller to monitor fabric and to troubleshoot basic connectivity and performance issues
- Understand the approach and basic steps involved in responding to alarms and other notifications
- This course is designed for broadcast engineers.
- It might also be of interest to technical solution architects, network engineers, and network administrators
- Understanding of broadcast industry requirements and standardization
- Understanding of data center network architectures
- Understanding of virtualization concepts
- Understanding of Ethernet functions and standards
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Understand and configure basic unicast and multicast routing
- Understanding of Cisco Nexus® CLI
- Use of basic Linux commands