The Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v1.0 course gives you a broad range of fundamental knowledge for all IT careers.
You will learn how to install, operate, configure, and verify basic IPv4 and IPv6 networks. The course covers configuring network components such as switches, routers, and wireless LAN controllers; managing network devices; and identifying basic security threats. The course also gives you a foundation in network programmability, automation, and software-defined networking.
This course helps you prepare to take the 200-301 Cisco® Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) exam. By passing this one exam, you earn CCNA certification.
- Identify the components of a computer network and explain their basic characteristics
- Describe the features and functions of the Cisco IOS Software
- Explain IPv4 and IPv6 addressing scheme
- Implement basic configurations on a Cisco router
- Identify and resolve common switching and routing networking issues
- Describe network and device architectures and explain virtualization
- Describe the smart network management solutions like Cisco DNA Center, SD-Access and SD-WAN
- Outline threat defense technologies
- And many, many more aspects of a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network
- Entry-level network engineer
- Network administrator
- Network support technician
- Help desk technician
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic IP address knowledge
There are no formal prerequisites for CCNA certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics.