The Developing Solutions using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) v1.0 course prepares you to develop Internet of Things (IoT) applications for Cisco IoT edge compute and network architecture.
Through a combination of lessons and hands-on experience, you will learn to implement and deploy Cisco IOx applications using Cisco Field Network Director and Cisco Kinetic. This course covers designing, deploying, and troubleshooting edge applications, and understanding the use of management tools, so you can control your industrial network and connected devices at scale.
This course helps you prepare for the Developing Solutions using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (300-915 DEVIOT) exam.
- Explain the fundamentals of Cisco IoT and list common devices involved
- List the common protocols, standards, and data flows of IoT
- Explain the Cisco IoT, common needs, and the corresponding solutions
- Explain how programmability can be used to automate and make operations, deployment, and support of Cisco IoT more effective
- Describe common Cisco IoT applications and how they apply to Cisco IoT use cases
- Explain the functions and use cases for Cisco security applications and Cisco IoT
- Network engineer
- Systems engineer
- Consulting systems engineer
- Technical solutions architect
- Network administrator
- IoT Designer
- Network manager
- Sales engineer
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- General software development or coding skills
- Basic functional and object-oriented programming skills
- Basic understanding of where applications live and how they are deployed in real-world scenarios
- Basic understanding of how networking works
- Basic Linux OS skills: installing code language dependencies, installing code libraries, and general scripting
- Understanding of how to store code using Git or another version-control system (VCS)