Cisco E-Learning for CIPTV1 prepares the learner for implementing a Cisco Collaboration solution at a single-site environment. This course focuses primarily on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Version 10.x, which is the call-routing and signaling component for the Cisco Collaboration solution.
Lab exercises included in the course help learners to perform post-installation tasks, configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager, implement MGCP, H.323, and SIP trunks, and build dial plans to place single-site on-cluster and off-cluster calling for voice and video. Learners will also implement media resources, audio and video conferencing, and describe QoS.
This Cisco self-paced course is designed to be as effective as classroom training. Course content is presented in easily-consumable segments via both Instructor Video and text. Interactivity is enabled through Discovery Labs, content review questions, and graded Challenge labs and tests. This makes the learning experience hands-on, increasing course effectiveness, and provides students direct feedback on how well they have mastered the material. And gamification features are built in, including earning badges and a leaderboard, to encourage better performance.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Introduction
- Dial Plan Introduction and Implementation of Single-Site On-Cluster Calling
- Implementation of Single-Site Off-Cluster Calling
- Media Resources
- Audio and Video Conferencing
- Quality of Service
- Channel Partners
It is strongly recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills:
- Working knowledge of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking including LANs, WANs, switching and routing
- Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP
- Basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP
- Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks